Wednesday, May 19, 2010

not yet 7 months old

At 15 pounds he is holding on to the happy go lucky puppy stage. We noticed that since he hit the six month mark his sense of smell really kicked in and now he finds those crumbs on the floor under the kitchen table and seeks out the wild animals that roam the yard. Also his eyesight is more in tune to seeing birds squirrels and the desire to take off after them has definitely kicked in.

Another trait that has kicked in is his desire to take over our couches and jump up on our kitchen chairs that are not stored back under the table and help himself to whatever crumbs may be left behind. This is driving me nuts. I am constantly trying to keep him from the table or from pulling the corner of a placemat off the table to obtain the leftover crumbs from my toddler. I can laugh about it but it is also disgusting to me to have a dog found at my table. I can verify the claims on many cockapoo sites that these dogs are problem solvers. He figures out every plot I attempt to stop him. Fun yes but annoying at the same time. My kids just keep laughing.

Today the dog was penned up on our very large upper and lower deck while I did some gardening. He decided to over look his kingdom by climbing up onto my picnic table on the second story deck (upper). Like the deck wasn't high enough already for him to see all.

No comments:

Post a Comment