Saturday, January 9, 2010

Another trip to Petsmart for a view of potentials

I decided to take the trip to Petsmart by myself this afternoon to see if any unlisted new arrivals happen to be at the adoption event held by the rescues with Petsmart once again providing an enormous amount of space to these rescues.

I knew that a dog I had put in an application for was going to be at the event but that the rescue had relabeled the dog as a "no kids" adoption because the foster family felt that it became too mouthy when it played. Well, since I had never met the dog before and saw it as soon as I entered Petsmart I figured I'd greet the dog and foster mom and see how the dog acted. It was a wonderful, interactive dog. I kept playing and petting it and began a discussion about the dog with the foster mom. She asked if I wanted to fill out an application for the dog and I said I already did but that it was relisted after I applied as a "no-kid" dog adoption. She discussed with me the "mouthing" of the dog and I was surprised and expressed that surprise to her since I had 2 other dogs for 15 and 18 years each. It didn't seem like a serious problem or a problem at all. The dog was sweet. I then engaged the organizer for the rescue into the conversation letting her know that I am still very interested in this dog and that the dog doesn't seem to have any problems. I then said that I didn't bring my kids this week to look at the dogs because they become very disappointed when the dogs they like aren't compatible either because of my choice or the rescues desires for right family to adopt. I verified with the foster mom that she would be at the Petsmart until 3 pm. She said yes. I told her I would go home and pick up my children immediately and return within 30 minutes with the children to meet the dog. She said OK. I return within 30 minutes and the dog and foster mom had to leave suddenly. I found another person I knew from the rescue and mentioned to her the problem and she asked the rescue organizer for this rescue to call the foster mom to ask her to come back. The lady takes out a phone then disappears. Comes back and says that the foster mom had to leave unexpectedly but that there other dogs here that I should look at to adopt.
WOW. I brought my kids to the store to meet and greet and make a decision on a pup and once again they are disappointed. I went home to pick them up to meet this specific dog not go dog shopping from scratch again.

Why didn't the rescue organizer representative suggest we try to make an appointment during the week or next weekend to meet the dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment