Friday, January 8, 2010

Puppy offered

I received an email this morning that I have been pre-approved for adoption of a puppy I found on Petfinder.com through what I initially thought was a real rescue when I applied. Soon after applying I started researching these rescues and shelters more and found this particular rescue really buys their puppies from puppy mills in PA and then charges around 400 dollars for a supposed rescue.

I declined the puppy.

Another attempt to get a puppy the right way has not come through, but the right organization I believe will come through with a pup that my whole family will fall in love with.

I can't stress enough that we need to do research and use sites like http://www.njcapsa.org/index.php/Hall-of-Shame.php to protect ourselves from adopting from groups that sell puppy mill pups that also come with genetic defects and major sicknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment